Windows 10 offers more safety for your device, with features like Windows Hello and always-enabled free updates. Gamers experience best-in-class gameplay with Broadcast and Game Mode, and with built-in apps for 3D creation, photos, music, movies, maps and more – Windows 10 Home brings you more creativity and productivity than ever before.”
This is a full version of Windows 10 Home; we recommend you back up your files before installing. Windows Media Centre is not available in Windows 10. Apps and features may vary by market. Updates are automatically enabled during support period; additional requirements will apply over time. Some features such as touch may require a new device. To check for compatibility, the support period and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and windows.com/windows10specs.
- 1 GHz processor or faster
- 1 GB RAM for 32-bit; 2 GB for 64-bit
Required Hard Disk Space
- Up to 20 GB available hard disk space
Required Video Card
- 800 x 600 screen resolution or higher, DirectX® 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
- Internet access (fees may apply)
Other System Requirements
- Microsoft account required for some features. Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
The Best Windows yet
- Windows 10 works seamlessly across all your devices. Start writing a document on your PC at the office; continue on your phone at the coffee shop, then finish up on your laptop at home. With Windows 10, you can pick up right where you left off.
- Get ideas down fast. The Windows Ink Workspace is instantly accessible wherever you are, so you don’t need to worry about missing an idea. Quickly access an Ink Workspace with the click of a digital pen or straight from your taskbar. You can even pull up the Ink Workspace before logging in.
- Sign in to your Windows devices3 in less than 2 seconds with Windows Hello—3 times faster than a password. Facial or fingerprint recognition provides instant access, and you always have the option of retaining a PIN as a backup.
- With built-in virus protection, Windows Defender protects your device from sophisticated threats with a combination of processes to help identify and block ransomware. Automatic updates1 ensure you have complete, ongoing protection against current and future threats. Windows Firewall notifies you about suspicious activity and block viruses, worms, and hackers.
- The multitasking features of Windows 10 pair perfectly with Office. Arrange your screen however you want, easily manage multiple Office apps and docs on one screen, and effortlessly snap up to four of them to optimize your workspace. You can also slide the shared edge of snapped apps to wherever you want it, easily resizing both apps in a single motion.
- Play Xbox games in native 4K with four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p—right on your Windows 10 PC5. Stream the gameplay and share clips of your most epic gaming moments with the built-in Game Bar. And Windows 10 optimizes your PC with Game Mode, which dedicates more system resources to games while you’re playing.
- Cortana is your personal digital assistant.6 She can notify you about appointments and deadlines, suggest documents you may need for an upcoming meeting, and sync with your group calendar. Create, modify, and open lists with just your voice. And Cortana seamlessly integrates with other Windows apps, like Sticky Notes, Ink reminders, and Microsoft To-Do events.
- Microsoft Edge is the faster, safer browser optimized for the modern web, yet still compatible with legacy apps and sites. Write or type directly on web pages and share your markups with others. Use the reading view to remove distractions. Plus, it plays Netflix4 in crystal-clear 4K Ultra HD resolution.
|Has N or KN variants?||Yes|
|Maximum physical memory (RAM)||4 GB on IA-32
128 GB on x86-64
|Minimum telemetry level||Basic|
|Hardware devise encryption||Yes|
|Multiple language pack support||Yes|
|Mobile device management||Yes|
|Side-loading of the line of business apps||Yes|
|Remote Desktop||Client only|
|Remote App||Client only|
|ReFS support||Cannot create,
|Windows Subsystem for Linux||64-bit SKUs only,
|Assigned Access 8.1||No|
|Can switch to CBB (defer updates)?||No|
|Joining a domain and Group Policy management||No|
|Enterprise data protection||No|
|Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer (EMIE)||No|
|Joining a Microsoft Azure Active Directory||No|
|Windows Information Protection||No|
|Windows Update for Business||No|
|Windows To Go||No|
|Credential Guard (Pass the hash mitigations)||No|
|Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP)||No|
|Start screen control with Group Policy||No|
|User experience control and lockdown||No|